New to Surfing

Ask about starting out and learning

Moderator: windybeach

Tecx

New to Surfing

Postby Tecx » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:57 am

Hi Everyone,
I had my first surf lesson last sunday at the witterings with X-train, I loved it,I live in Aldwick by Bognor regis
I have ordered a new surf board and a new wetsuit and I am looking forward to been able to surf :o Now what bothers me is that I am new to all of this and every website I look at (they) tell you to stay away from the other surfers due to them not likeing beginners.
So is it like point break (film) where he gets his board snapped in two for been in the wrong place or are the people writing the reveiws just talking s#!&. :?
Oh yer what is bognor like for surfing ?

Tecx

Re: New to Surfing

Postby Tecx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:54 am

Hi,

I was on west Beach/climping beach last night with my two dogs.
Has any one surfed these beaches ? It so are they good beaches to start on.

sami789

Postby sami789 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:51 am

I have ordered a new surf board and a new wetsuit and I am looking forward to been able to surf :o Now what bothers me is that I am new to all of this and every website I look at (they) tell you to stay away from the other surfers due to them not likeing beginners.
Our complete set of 70-413 dumps test questions and Android study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real Princeton University exam & Babson College with flying colors of mcsa training.

Tomdiddlybomb

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:22 am

sami789 wrote:I have ordered a new surf board and a new wetsuit and I am looking forward to been able to surf :o Now what bothers me is that I am new to all of this and every website I look at (they) tell you to stay away from the other surfers due to them not likeing beginners.

as long as you avoid brighton marina like the plague, and exercise a bit of common sense (ie. not getting in the most crowded bit of the beach, moving out of people's way, and just generally watching out for other people) people round here are probably the friendliest in the UK, apart from when nobody's surfed in over a month :lol: then there can be some competition for waves
personally the only time I surf with other people is when there's a massive wind and I get in the harbour, other than that I stick on the open beaches miles away from anyone else, sometimes with my girlfriend or one friend. There's plenty of space round here to get in the water away from the crowds, but obviously don't surf alone as a beginner, not a good idea

ivette.carlier

Postby ivette.carlier » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:39 am

Well, I think the time has come for me to experience surfing. I've been thinking about this for about 2 years now, but I'll make sure this year is the best!

adrianemasson

Postby adrianemasson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Hey ! I had my first surfing lesson during my holidays in France and it was just an amazing experience for me. In the beginning I was afraid to fell but, as the lesson was in progress, I was impressed with how stunning surfing is! Can’t wait to try it again.

Return to “Beginners Qs”