vintage surfboards and memorabilia wanted pre 90s

Add your stuff for sale

Moderator: windybeach

huggiebear

vintage surfboards and memorabilia wanted pre 90s

Postby huggiebear » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi i have just started collecting vintage surfboards and stuff magazines programs posters wax etc etc if anyone has any bits they would like to get rid of please contact me fair prices paid for right stuff,i am not a dealer its for my own collection,have been in and around surfing since 1980 in the shoreham area.cheers

ignatzcatz

Re: vintage surfboards and memorabilia wanted pre 90s

Postby ignatzcatz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm an infrequent visitor to the Sharkbait site but I have just noticed your add requesting period boards and stuff. If you are still on the hunt for old kit I have an old board which is from about the Rod Sumpter era. I'm going to be a bit vague here because I lent it to a friend who was going to Bude for a short break and well he's still got it, I hope. Unfortunately it's in Dorset but I will be going down there very soon and I will retrieve the old plank. When it's in my possession I shall send another message if you are still interested. It's about an 8' pintail.
Also in my dry and boarded loft I have complete mint volumes of Surfer magazine from the 70's and 80's. I had a long standing subscription. They are not in binders but they are all boxed. Also there are a few issues of British Surfer and Surf Insight which I guess are a bit rare now. This coming week I shall list them all and if you are interested I'll give you full details of what's there.
Yes I am an old surfer but after travelling and tasted waves in Barbados, Costa Rica and both coasts of the USA, the 'waves' back in Brighton sucked so much I started competitive cycling and bye bye surfing, but I've still got a mini-mal and a longboard in case I want to get wet sometime.

huggiebear

Postby huggiebear » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 pm

thanks for leaving a post yes that would be great look forward to hearing from you HB

Loosemoose

Postby Loosemoose » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi,

Got a Phil Jay Rounded Pin Tail pop-out ( minus the fin) from The Seventies if you're interested..... British Racing Green with the obligatory 'lightening bolt' logo..... not sure if Phil is still around/alive, but he was a prolific board builder in the North Devon area.

Cheers

huggiebear

Postby huggiebear » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Loosemoose wrote:Hi,

Got a Phil Jay Rounded Pin Tail pop-out ( minus the fin) from The Seventies if you're interested..... British Racing Green with the obligatory 'lightening bolt' logo..... not sure if Phil is still around/alive, but he was a prolific board builder in the North Devon area.

Cheers

yes phil had the first surf shop in london in the 70s wandsworth,where a bouts are you cheers simon

Loosemoose

Postby Loosemoose » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi Simon,

I'm in Saltdean.

huggiebear

Postby huggiebear » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Loosemoose wrote:Hi Simon,

I'm in Saltdean.

hi have to arrange a time and day to pop over if you message me your phone number ill contact you cheers simon

Return to “For Sale”