new or old spot

Usual Surf Chat

Moderator: windybeach

secreat spot no all

new or old spot

Postby secreat spot no all » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 am

The selsey sea defence

Since the beging of the summer just gone John Bunn the owner of the selsey caravan site in selsey has dipped into his own pocket to try and save his caravan site from flooding ten years ago he spent about three million of his own money dumping shingle in to try and stop it flooding however this did not work so well and within a year or so the shingle had moved round to the wittering and wrecked the surf there you couldnt catch a nice wave without getting bumped about by back wash, this time hes bringing huge bolders over from norway by boat and dumping them from the old surf spot west beach all the way along up the old bombing range about two miles from bracklesham bay. well these bolders have created a few little breaks so far i havnt surfed it yet myself but what i do know is i used to surf that spot years ago and the waves are exactly the same as witts only it hardly never closes out as near the witts does and friend of mine donsnt live to far from the caravan site and saw some1 surfing there the other day and said it looks quite good and where waiting for a new swell to hit ,hopefully we get a long period swell sometime soon so we can see for ourselfs, its right infront of the ocean bar club at selsey caravan park.
be there or be square lol

nohope

Re: new or old spot

Postby nohope » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Sounds interesting. Do you reckon he had to get some kind of planning permission for that? Any possibilities you could take some snaps next swell?

nohope

Postby nohope » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Saltdean_Slop

Postby Saltdean_Slop » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Intriguing, will keep an eye on that next time I visit my ma. Selsey is a bit of an odd one coz with a decent groundswell you'd expect it to get hit much the same as Bracks and Witts, but you only really see a fraction of the swell. i remember one day when we had east Witt 4ft clean and stopped at coastguard tower on way home to check west beach and there was absolutely no sign of the swell...

Incidentally, when did you used to surf West beach and the Bomby? I used to surf there in the mid 90s with Wingate, Woodjetts, Ross W and The Greenwoods - some good times, sleeping in board bags on the cliff at west beach :D

secreat spot no all

Postby secreat spot no all » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah no probs i will defo take some snaps for you , yeah he did get some permission in fact theres talk that he is gonna let the sea in at the bombing range to creat a nature reserve but dont know if hes got the go a head yet he seem to think by letting the sea in at the bombing range will stop the rest if it flooding i cant see that working at all
ive even herd some1 say there talking about putting a reef in idont know how true that is so dont quote me on that one , but if bournemouth was any thing to go by i wouldnt bother if only it worked lol

secreat spot no all

Postby secreat spot no all » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Saltdean_Slop wrote:Intriguing, will keep an eye on that next time I visit my ma. Selsey is a bit of an odd one coz with a decent groundswell you'd expect it to get hit much the same as Bracks and Witts, but you only really see a fraction of the swell. i remember one day when we had east Witt 4ft clean and stopped at coastguard tower on way home to check west beach and there was absolutely no sign of the swell...

Incidentally, when did you used to surf West beach and the Bomby? I used to surf there in the mid 90s with Wingate, Woodjetts, Ross W and The Greenwoods - some good times, sleeping in board bags on the cliff at west beach :D

hey i know those guy there all great friend of mine now ross still surf and daz has got loads of kids

secreat spot no all

Postby secreat spot no all » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm

secreat spot no all wrote:
Saltdean_Slop wrote:Intriguing, will keep an eye on that next time I visit my ma. Selsey is a bit of an odd one coz with a decent groundswell you'd expect it to get hit much the same as Bracks and Witts, but you only really see a fraction of the swell. i remember one day when we had east Witt 4ft clean and stopped at coastguard tower on way home to check west beach and there was absolutely no sign of the swell...

hey i know those guy there all great friend of mine now ross still surf and daz has got loads of kids

i must know you i surfed there in the 90s two whats your name :?: :roll:

Saltdean_Slop

Postby Saltdean_Slop » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm Steve Dunhill - lanky bald bloke, was always out with Daz and Keith. Daz still has a board, I went to witts a couple of times last year with him, we randomly met Ross in the water one time too, sponging at the end of Barn Walk.

If these new defences create a break I'll definitely be over for a session and sure Daz will be up for it too. Keep us posted on here of any developments

secreat spot no all

Postby secreat spot no all » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 pm

i remember now yeah you used to go traveling quite alot you were abit older then me wernt you the guy thats saw a stoning in israel or some thing lol daz tlod me about it ,im casey the the little skater guy that used to skate with daz and kieth i was a lot younger then you guys , what the surf like in salt dean?

hang11

Postby hang11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 am

Used to surf down there back in the early 1990's - good spot on the right day.

Return to “Main Surf Chat”