About Us

Usual Surf Chat

Moderator: windybeach

Chally

About Us

Postby Chally » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi Everyone
I wanted to share this with you, its not spam or anything sinister.
This is our Holiday Home. We have just recently put this on the market as a holiday home. We invite you to look at this with the possibility that you may want to rent it and stay in this area.
We have worked this croft since 2010. This entailed digging and bringing in the peats, this is very hard work, it is essential though if you have a near self-sufficiency! It is imperative to have enough fuel to see you through the winter. One of the most enjoyable parts of summer is being on the peat moors, listening to the Larks and watching them fly into the air. There are so many different things to see here whatever the season. You cannot describe that which can only be experienced.
Peat Cutter’s Cottage offers self-catering accommodation for six guests in three bedrooms and is a traditionally built crofting house that was built over a century ago. Sitting in the hamlet of Skigersta, Peat Cutter's Cottage affords stunning views over the Atlantic Ocean and sits on the North East Coast of the Isle of Lewis on Scotland's Western Isles.
The Isle of Lewis provides a unique island holiday experience and can be accessed by ferry from Ullapool (to Stornoway) or via the Isle of Skye. Ideal for those who want to simply relax amongst stunning scenery and outdoor enthusiasts alike, the area is ideal for walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers, photographers, writers and artists. Wildlife is in abundance with otters, mountain hare, deer, eagles and plenty of marine life including basking sharks, whales and dolphins which can be spotted off the coastline. There is plenty for history lovers with the Callanish Standing Stones (along with other fine examples of these stone circles), the Norse Mill and Kiln, the Blackhouse village and Uig beach where the Lewis Chess Men were found to name just a few.

http://www.independentcottages.co.uk/he ... ge-ref2975

If me putting this on your forum has offended you then I am sorry, we just want to share our home.
Some proper surfing here!!

Kind Regards
Chally

Return to “Main Surf Chat”