Older surfers in the community

Usual Surf Chat

Moderator: windybeach

alexknowles

Older surfers in the community

Postby alexknowles » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello all,

I am currently working on an online documentary series, part funded by the British Film Institute, celebrating the lives of sports people from older generations. We are looking to create 3 short films about inspiring people who haven't let age hold them back and continue to take part in the sport that they love. Its a personal project of mine that is close to my heart and with 60% of older people in the UK agreeing that age discrimination exists in their daily lives, we hope that this film will help dispel the myth that 'older people are past it'.

The opportunity came through our original pilot film 'The Oldest Footballer in England', which can be viewed here:
http://vimeo.com/102773590

As someone who surfs myself I would love the opportunity to focus one of our films on an older surfer. If there is someone in your community over the age of 60 who is inspirational with invaluable insight, exceptional passion, a never-ending supply of wonderful stories and a thirst for life that refuses to fade then I would love to hear from them!

Cheers,
Alex

Return to “Main Surf Chat”