Competeing for Team GB in Fiji!

Usual Surf Chat

Moderator: windybeach

charlieuk

Competeing for Team GB in Fiji!

Postby charlieuk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Brighton Local born and bread I have some how been chosen again to represent Great Britain again at the World Stand Up Paddleboarding Championships to be held in Fiji in November 2016 on Clouldbreak! yea I know what your thinking its not much like anywhere around here! In the past I have also represented the UK and GB at the worlds in Peru and Europeans in France.

At present there is no funding available from any of the federations so we are having to raise the money to cover the costs of getting too and taking part in the competition ourselves. Currently we have secured sponsorship for the cost for the entry fees to the event and a small contribution to travel costs however still have a huge amount to try and find.

Unfortunately this has all come around very fast and I have not got long to do this so desperately seeking any help I can find. The largest expense is going to be the flight to get there. I have been contacting as may local travel agents as possible I have had very little/No support offered so just wondering if anyone in the Brighton surfing community has any links that could help me out with even getting a small discount on flights or any other support to help make it happen it would be much appreciated. Please feel free to contact me at Charlie _ _ Grey @ Hot mail . com (Obviously remove the spaces) I can forward on some more info on myself.

Many thanks in advance

Bluebeard

Re: Competeing for Team GB in Fiji!

Postby Bluebeard » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am

I'd suggest setting up a page on a donation website either go fund me/justgiving etc. I think there are some that are not just for charities but for great causes like yours.

If you set up a page pretty sure that most of the Brighton surfing community and no doubt further afield i.e. West Country & Wales if you can spread the word far enough, would be happy to stick in £5/£10 to see you on your way. I would for one.

Just remember to bring us back some photos.

charlieuk

Postby charlieuk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi Bluebeard

Many thanks for the reply and the advice, i have just set myself up a gofundme page to should anyone wish to donate or should any sponsors be interested even the smallest amount would be hugely appreciated.

the go fund me page is here. https://www.gofundme.com/23dk7sdw

Bluebeard

Postby Bluebeard » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:56 am

You should ask James at Sharkbait to mention it on the website, will get the word out.

charlieuk

Postby charlieuk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:57 am

thanks he has messaged me and said he would which is great.many thanks

Return to “Main Surf Chat”