Summer holiday with some surf

Usual Surf Chat

Moderator: windybeach

Roughneck

Summer holiday with some surf

Postby Roughneck » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:49 am

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so forgive me if this has been asked before. What to get away some where hot the first week of summer holidays. Me the wife and my two girls 10 and 8. Where is a good place to go where I can sneak a surf in of get the girls surfing. Needs to be a nice hotel for the wife.
Any body got any ideas.

Graywig

Re: Summer holiday with some surf

Postby Graywig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 am

Morning

For me if you want a beach holiday - cracking hotel - look at
a) Saunton Sands Hotel - Saunton Sands - between Braunton and Croyde in North Devon (5*):
b) Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa Esplanade Road, Newquay Cornwall (4* - should be a 5*).

Both beaches are beautiful and sandy - great teachers at both beachs and both have permanent RNLI lifeguards (bit of peace of mind with kids about).

Roughneck

Postby Roughneck » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks I'll take look. We might end up staying in the UK. I was thinking Europe somewhere, Portugal or the Canary Islands.

shredder75

Postby shredder75 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 am

Hey Roughneck, yeah Id agree with Graywig. Im from North Devon - so would recommend Saunton Sands for sure. You dont need to stay in Saunton as its generally expensive. Stay in Braunton and drive to the beach, it's only 3 miles away. Plenty of good surf schools and hire. If you're thinking of Europe - yes Portugal is great (Id recommend Ericeira). The canaries is also an option too (Lanzarote) - where you can find cheap deals. Your guaranteed sunshine :-)

Return to “Main Surf Chat”